Kevin Spacey ordered to pay $1 million to House of Cards producers

Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey was ordered to pay just under $1 million to the producers of House of Cards in a settlement by a Massachusetts judge on Friday, according to court records. Spacey must pay the money, plus attorney fees, in order to save the criminal case against him in the state. The case was brought by Media Rights Capital, the production company that produced House of Cards, who sued Spacey in 2017.

Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth William Galvin filed the complaint in May after Spacey had allegedly been accused of sexual misconduct by eight separate men. The allegations included groping the crotch of a man and grabbing the genitals of a 15-year-old. Earlier this month, Spacey entered rehab after a number of men came forward accusing him of sexual misconduct.

In December 2017, both The New York Times and BuzzFeed first reported the sexual assault allegations against Spacey. In October, in his first televised apology to the allegations, Spacey said, “I have acted inappropriately toward Mr. [Anthony] Rapp. I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years.” Spacey said he had intended the apology to be private, but that he went public in an effort to “confront [the allegations] head on” and “deal with this honestly and directly.”

Read the full story at The Guardian.

Related

Comic actor and presenter Kevin Spacey was a ‘white supremacist,’ says comedian

Kevin Spacey confronts sexual assault accusations head-on in public apology

New accusers of Kevin Spacey’s conduct reveal that he made a comment to 16-year-old boy in 1990s

Leave a Comment