Discord is a social messaging app through which you can communicate with your friends and different communities via voice, video, and chat. In general, gaming communities use Discord servers when they live stream or communicate with their audience. Nowadays, people have two Discord accounts for different communities, and if you want to use both accounts simultaneously, it helps to know how to switch between multiple accounts on Discord. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss the same query with the common Discord Account Picker FAQ.
How to switch between multiple accounts on Discord
Let’s take a look at the most frequently asked questions about Discord’s account picker below. Also, you will learn the steps to switch between multiple accounts on Discord with pictures to understand everything better.
Can you have two accounts on Discord?
Yes, you can have multiple accounts on Discord but with different email IDs as Discord only allows one account per email ID. But if you want to use the account switch option, you can add a maximum of 5 accounts to the switch account.
Can you have two Discord accounts with the same phone number?
No, Discord only allows one account linked to a certain phone number. But you can still use many Discord accounts because linking a phone number to your Discord account is not a restriction. You can create accounts with different email IDs and use them.
Can you be connected to Discord on two devices?
Yes, you can connect to two devices using the same discord account. But, if you sign in on a new device, you will receive an email to your registered email id for verification. You need to tap on the Verify connection option in the mail.
How many Discord accounts can you have?
You can only have one Discord account on one email id. But if you have different email ids, you can create any number of accounts. But make sure you use all accounts according to Discord’s terms and conditions, otherwise your account may get banned.
How do I disconnect from other devices on Discord?
To log out of the Discord app, you can follow the steps below:
1. Type Discord in the Windows search bar and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
2. Click the Settings gear icon in the lower left corner.
3. From the left panel, scroll down and click on the Sign Out option as shown below.
4. Click the Sign out option in the pop-up window to confirm.
How can I sign out of all devices?
Before learning the steps to switch between multiple accounts on Discord, let’s first learn how you can log out of Discord. To sign out of all devices, there is no direct option. You can change your password, which will disconnect all your accounts, or enable two-factor authentication, which will also disconnect all your accounts.
A. Reset password
To reset your password, you can follow the steps below:
1. Launch Discord on your PC.
2. Click the Settings gear icon.
3. In the Password and Authentication section, click the Change Password option.
4. Enter your CURRENT PASSWORD and NEW PASSWORD in the corresponding fields, then touch Done.
B. Enable two-factor authentication
To enable two-factor authentication, you may consider following the steps below:
1. Open the Discord app and click the Settings gear icon.
2. In the Password and Authentication section, click the Enable Two-Factor Authentication option.
3. Next, enter the PASSWORD and click Continue.
4. Now download the Authy or Google Authenticator app on your mobile device and scan the QR code provided in step 2.
5. Next, enter the 6-digit verification code and click Activate in the authenticator app.
These methods will disconnect your account from all your devices.
How to use two Discord accounts at the same time?
You can use the account switcher to switch between multiple accounts on Discord. You can consider the following steps to use the account picker:
Note: You can add a maximum of 5 accounts to the account picker.
1. Launch the Discord app on your device.
2. Click on your profile icon at the bottom left of your screen as shown below.
3. Next, click Change account.
4. Click the Add Account option.
5. Next, enter the EMAIL OR PHONE NUMBER or PASSWORD of another account and click Continue.
How do I enable Discord account switching?
You don’t need to enable Discord’s account picker because it’s already enabled. You can use it to link multiple Discord accounts and use them simultaneously. But it comes with the proviso that you cannot link more than five accounts simultaneously to the account picker. You can use the account switcher to switch between multiple accounts on Discord like this:
1. Launch the Discord app on your computer.
2. Click your profile icon > Change account.
3. Click Add Account and enter the login credentials of another Discord account and click Continue.
How do I switch between Discord accounts? How do I switch accounts on Discord?
You can switch between multiple accounts on Discord using the Discord account switcher as follows:
1. Click on your profile icon in the bottom left corner.
2. Click Change Account.
3. You will find all your linked accounts. Click the Switch option next to the desired account name to switch to that account.
How to use Discord account switcher for Android?
This is one of the Discord account switching FAQs that every user usually asks. Currently, the Discord account picker is not available for the Android version of Discord. But they are working on it, and you will see it soon. Until then, you must sign out of your first account and then sign in to your next account.
We hope that you have understood the steps to switch between multiple accounts in Discord on your Windows PC and that you were able to do it successfully. You can leave your questions about this article and topic suggestions for future articles in the comments section below.