Instagram is one of the popular social media platforms to get to know and interact with the people you love on the internet. Whether it’s your family, friends, loved ones or even the celebrities you look up to. You can engage with any of them virtually via Instagram and share opinions and photos, or simply create and publicly share entertaining multimedia posts to create a strong connection with other users. This way, you can know what your Instagram friends are up to through the reels or stories they upload to the platform for others to see. But sometimes users want to mute or re-enable someone’s stories for some reason without following them, but don’t know how to re-enable someone’s Instagram story. So, this article brings you the methods to learn how to reactivate a story on Instagram. Read and follow these methods to learn how to re-enable a story on IG with steps to disable them as well.
How to reactivate a story on Instagram
Instagram features such as posts, live videos, reels, DMs and stories make this the most popular social media platform, with currently over 1 billion monthly active users who are using it. Most of the time, you can mute certain people’s stories just to take a break from their content or general life updates without following them. But if you want to get updates about them through their stories, you can turn them back on. To do just that, follow the methods ahead.
Method 1: via Instagram feed or homepage
You can re-enable the desired story on the Instagram app via feed or homepage as shown below.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Locate the desired mute (grayed out) story from the top as shown and long press it.
3. Tap on the Reactivate Story option as shown below.
4. Now you will see the unmuted story in the Instagram feed.
Method 2: Via User Account Profile
There is also a way to unmute stories from the desired account from which you have muted. Read and follow the steps below to know how to reactivate a story on Instagram from an account profile.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap the Profile icon in the lower right corner as shown below.
2. Tap Follow, placed next to your account name and profile picture, as shown.
3. Tap the desired profile account from your following list.
4. Tap the Next tab under their profile as shown.
5. Tap the Mute option from the list.
6. Disable Posts and Stories to re-enable posts and stories for this account, as shown.
Method 3: Via Account Settings
Additionally, you can re-enable a story on Instagram from your own account settings using the steps mentioned below.
1. In your Profile section, tap the Hamburger icon in the top right corner.
2. Tap on the Settings option.
3. Tap the Privacy option from the list.
4. Scroll down and tap on the Hidden Accounts option under the Logins section.
5. Tap the hidden accounts you want to re-enable.
6. Tap the Next tab under the profile as shown.
7. Tap the Mute option.
8. Disable the Posts and Stories options as shown below to re-enable posts and stories for the desired profile account.
How to mute a story on Instagram
After learning how to re-enable stories on Instagram, you can now disable them with the similar approaches mentioned above. You can choose and perform any of the three methods mentioned above to disable the desired stories by simply toggling the disabled posts and stories options.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. How do I report a story on Instagram?
Ans: You can report an Instagram story by tapping the three-dot icon > Report options in the desired story. You will come across several options to choose from for the query: Why are you reporting this message? Choose the desired option and proceed to report Instagram story.
Q2. Can I pause an Instagram story?
Answer: Yes, you can pause any story on Instagram by long pressing on the story. You can long press the story for as long as you want.
Now you know how to reactivate a story on Instagram with the methods mentioned above. You can share questions about this article or suggestions for other topics you would like to learn from us. Drop these questions and suggestions in the comments box below.