Facebook’s “Like” button has been around for nearly a decade. It’s a convenient way to show your appreciation for your friends’ posts and express your interest in niche Facebook Pages. However, the number of pages and posts you like can quickly add up, flooding your News Feed.
Fortunately, there is a way to remove all likes from your Facebook account. There’s also a way to delete all Facebook messages without deleting your account, but that’s another topic. This article is about deleting all Facebook likes. The methods below work for photos, posts, pages, and anything you liked. You still can’t differentiate multiple pages and posts at once, so you have to be patient when you start filtering out all of your Facebook likes.
Delete all Facebook likes using a browser
Despite the popularity of the Facebook smartphone app, many people still access Facebook on a desktop computer. You can remove likes from Facebook using your browser of choice. Since there is no official way to bulk delete likes on Facebook, you need to differentiate them from each one step by step. There’s an “All” option above the Facebook Likes list, but it doesn’t currently do anything. More on that below. Follow these steps to remove/remove all FB likes using your browser of choice.
- Go to “Facebook” from any browser, then click the “down triangle” icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select “Settings and privacy”.
- Select “Activity Log”.
- Go to the Activity Log section on the left and select “Interactions”.
- Choose “Likes & Reactions” from the left submenu.
- The list in the left column will display all likes and reactions in chronological order.
- To further sort your “Likes”, by year and month, click on “Date” in the “Filters” menu on the left.
- Choose your sorting options in the pop-up window, then click “Save Changes.”
- Your filtered list of “Likes” appears on the right.
- Click the three dots to the right of each post you liked, then select “Dislike.”
If you noticed in the penultimate image above, an “All” checkbox exists above the list as well as checkboxes next to each “Like”. As it stands (March 19, 2022), these checkboxes do nothing to remove Likes, including the “All” checkbox. As mentioned many times, you can’t delete all ‘Likes’ in bulk, but the sorting option helps make the process faster.
Remove all likes from Facebook pages using a browser
There is another category of likes that you may want to modify, known as Facebook Pages Likes. You have “Facebook Pages” (not posts) that you have liked, such as “Pages” for musicians, movies, websites, or any other type of Facebook page, official or not. You may want to update your likes here if they don’t appear in the method above.
- Launch Facebook and go to your profile page from the link on the left.
- Select “More,” which is below your cover photo and name.
- Click on “Like”, which loads the likes of your Facebook page.
- Hover over a liked page and click the blue “Like” button to unlike it. The “dislike” button immediately turns into a gray “like” button, indicating that it was indeed disliked. It will disappear from your likes page when refreshing the browser tab.
Delete Likes on Facebook App for Android or iOS Smartphone
Wondering how to delete all Facebook likes using the smartphone app? No more scratching your head. Follow the steps below to dislike posts, pages, and comments.
- Launch the Facebook Android or iOS app, then tap the menu (hamburger) icon to access the options. The icon is at the top of the screen on Android and at the bottom of the screen on iOS.
- Select “Settings and privacy”.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Tap “Activity Log”.
- Choose a category. »
- Choose “Likes and reactions”.
- Tap the down arrow icon next to each post you’ve liked and select “Dislike” from the pop-up window.
Alternative smartphone app method
A quick way to access all likes on a smartphone is to do the following:
- Launch the smartphone’s Facebook app.
- Tap your profile picture, then tap “Activity Log.”
- Select “Category” then choose “Likes and reactions”.
- Tap the drop-down arrow next to each post you want to unlike.
As you can see, deleting or deleting Likes from your Facebook account is quite simple. The methods listed above provide a slower but guaranteed way to remove all likes on Facebook. The process removes the load from your timeline and gives you a chance to “thumbs up” what interests you currently.