Social media and direct messaging apps like Discord help connect like-minded people. With over 100 million monthly active users, the app has given people around the world the ability to connect online through common interests.
As the app grows in popularity, it is important to know how to use it. So how do you check if someone has added you? If you don’t know the answer to this question, you’re in luck.
In this article, we’ll explain how to check if someone has added you to Discord, regardless of your device. In addition, we will answer some frequently asked questions.
How to check if someone added you on Discord on PC
Although Discord is a chat app, it is primarily aimed at gamers. This is mainly because it allows teams to communicate while simultaneously coordinating their game strategy online. For this reason, many people who use the app tend to use a PC.
If you’re new to Discord, you’ll be happy to know that it’s easy to check if someone has added you to their friends list. Here’s how to check on your PC:
- Open the Discord app on your PC.
- In the upper left corner, select “Start”.
- At the top of the screen, you’ll see a “Friends” section.
- In the list of options, click “Pending.”
- You will then be able to see all the incoming friend requests.
- To accept a request, select the “Accept” option next to their names. If you want to ignore a request, choose the “Ignore” option.
How to Check If Someone Added You to Discord on an iPhone
Since Discord has evolved to include non-gamers as well, many people have started using the app on their smartphones. If you fall into this category, you may be wondering how to search for new friend requests. Lucky for you, we have the answers.
First of all, you will need to download the Discord app first. This can be found in the Apple app store for free. Once the app is successfully installed, here’s how you can check if you’ve received friend requests from your iPhone:
- Open the Discord app from your home page.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign in to your account with your credentials.
- If you received a friend request, there will be a red notification located in the “Friends” tab.
- Tap the icon with the notification.
- You will be able to see your pending requests.
- To accept, select the green tick. To reject a request, press the red cross. Both icons are located next to the name of the person submitting the request.
How to Check If Someone Added You to Discord on Android
Android users will be pleased to know that they can use Discord from the comfort of their smartphone. First, they will need to make sure the app is downloaded. It can be easily found in the Google Play Store (or the app store of your choice). Once complete, simply follow these steps to verify any friend request:
- Open the Discord app and sign in, if you haven’t already.
- On the home page, select the icon of the person raising their hand. This is in the lower left corner.
- On the next page, you will be able to see all pending friend requests.
- To accept, select the green tick next to the name of the person adding you. If you want to decline the request, tap the red cross instead.
Some frequently asked questions
How do you know if someone has accepted your friend request on Discord?
If someone has accepted your friend request, their name will automatically appear in your friends list.
How do I see my friends list on Discord?
To see your friends list, simply click on the Discord icon at the top of the screen. In the main menu, navigate to the “Friends” icon, which is located next to your server list. From there, you will be able to see your full list of friends.
Although it is meant exclusively for gamers, Discord has become an app that helps people stay connected in general. As we enter an era of virtual meetings, Discord has helped bridge the gap between social interaction and virtual communication. The app offers its users an online space where they can discuss specific topics with like-minded people.
With its growing popularity, it’s important to know how to navigate the app. This includes being equipped with the knowledge of how to see if friend requests have been sent.
We hope this article has helped you get a better idea of how to check if someone has added you on Discord.
Have you used Discord? If so, did you know how to check your friend requests? How did you find the process? Let us know more in the comments section below.